Now that the Spring Cleaning is done, it’s all of a sudden time for some fall clean-up and winter prep around the house. Here are some traditional fall chores to get done before the weather gets too cold and snowy.
These chores help me get Fall ready, in record time, and to get me out of cleaning and into pumpkin mode 🙂 Light a fall candle and use some fall scented cleaning supplies to really get in the fall spirit!
- Rotate & flip mattresses Maybe it’s even time to get out the flannel sheets? I’m partial to the Mrs. Meyer’s laundry detergent in lavender because it has an amazing and relaxing scent that is perfect for cozy sleep-filled nights in bed.
- Banish dust from the house (Use your Fall Mrs. Meyer’s multi-surface spray to remove dust from your ceilings, walls, baseboards and woodwork.)
- Clean out gutters
- Switch out clothing
- Prep for Fall baking! Take stock of your pantry — what spices are you missing for the season, such as cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves? To get your best baking results, replace those that are more than six months old or no longer fragrant.
- Clean out garage
- Wash curtains
- Clean the oven
- Make your floors sparkling and inviting. I love the Method wood floor cleaner, mostly because the almond scent adds to the cozy Fall smell!
- Porch & patio clean-up
- Check & clean outdoor lights
- Wash window screens
- Yard clean-up
- Clean & store patio furniture (Store your wicker, iron and other yard furniture in a protected enclosure to prevent weather damage.)
- Sweep chimneys
- Dust refrigerator condenser coil
- Check weather stripping and caulking around doors and windows
- Replace furnace filter
To make things a little easier, I put together a cute printable to keep track of my fall cleaning tasks and uploaded a copy for you too!
Thankfully, we’ve had great weather so far to get some of the outdoor chores done. We’re not very far into the list though, so we better get to work!
What chores are on your list of fall cleaning tasks?
*This post contains affiliate links.