Now that the Spring Cleaning is done, it’s all of a sudden time for some fall clean-up and winter prep around the house. Here are some traditional fall chores to get done before the weather gets too cold and snowy.
These chores help me get Fall ready, in record time, and to get me out of cleaning and into pumpkin mode 🙂 Light a fall candle and use some fall scented cleaning supplies to really get in the fall spirit!
- Rotate & flip mattresses Maybe it’s even time to get out the flannel sheets? I’m partial to the Mrs. Meyer’s laundry detergent in lavender because it has an amazing and relaxing scent that is perfect for cozy sleep-filled nights in bed.
- Banish dust from the house (Use your Fall Mrs. Meyer’s multi-surface spray to remove dust from your ceilings, walls, baseboards and woodwork.)
- Clean out gutters
- Switch out clothing
- Prep for Fall baking! Take stock of your pantry — what spices are you missing for the season, such as cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves? To get your best baking results, replace those that are more than six months old or no longer fragrant.
- Clean out garage
- Wash curtains
- Clean the oven
- Make your floors sparkling and inviting. I love the Method wood floor cleaner, mostly because the almond scent adds to the cozy Fall smell!
- Porch & patio clean-up
- Check & clean outdoor lights
- Wash window screens
- Yard clean-up
- Clean & store patio furniture (Store your wicker, iron and other yard furniture in a protected enclosure to prevent weather damage.)
- Sweep chimneys
- Dust refrigerator condenser coil
- Check weather stripping and caulking around doors and windows
- Replace furnace filter
To make things a little easier, I put together a cute printable to keep track of my fall cleaning tasks and uploaded a copy for you too!
Thankfully, we’ve had great weather so far to get some of the outdoor chores done. We’re not very far into the list though, so we better get to work!
What chores are on your list of fall cleaning tasks?
You’ve heard me rave about Grove Collaborative before, right? It’s a subscription service that makes creating a healthy, beautiful home effortless and affordable. When you sign up, they’ll ask a few questions to find your favorite products (and recommend new ones you’ll love). They’ve hand-selected the best natural products and they’ll deliver them (carbon offset) right to your doorstep, on your schedule.
If you’re a new subscriber, you can get the set for FREE + free shipping with your first order when you use my link You’ll get:
- Free Mrs. Meyer’s fall seasonal hand soap
- Free Mrs. Meyer’s fall seasonal dish soap
- Free Mrs. Meyer’s fall seasonal multi-surface spray
- Free Grove Collaborative kitchen towel
- Free 60 Day VIP trial
To receive the offer, your order needs to total $20. But don’t worry, I don’t think that’ll be any trouble – they have tons of amazing products at really affordable prices. 🙂
Grove really knows how to take care of their customers. If you already use and love Grove like I do, you can get the set for 50% off. That’s a steal! I’m also a VIP member, which means I get free shipping, free gifts, price matching, exclusive sales, and personal service. Don’t forget to sign up for the free 60 day VIP trial when you check out!
There are only a limited number of sets available and the offer ends October 23, so hurry up and place your order! Here’s how it works:
- Sign up for Grove Collaborative here. You will receive the Mrs. Meyer’s offer for free when you sign up!
- Answer 4 quick questions about your home that Grove Collaborative will then use to customize your first basket — this takes under 30 seconds!
- Once you’ve answered the questions, you can finalize your basket of products to suit your household needs by adding or removing items. (This is the hardest part — so many great choices!)
- To receive this offer, your order needs to be a minimum of $20. Choose the combination of products and scents you love and receive in your first box.
5. You made it! Click Finish & Pay and place your order.